- TRAVEL SPOTS
Okayama: Sparkling present
13:17 JST, December 12, 2022
OKAYAMA — A huge illumination resembling a gift box is lighting up an office building and people who pass by in Kita Ward, Okayama City.
Minamoto Kitchoan Holdings, Co., a manufacturer and retailer of wagashi traditional confectionery, has installed the “box” in front of the headquarters’ new building. It features about 200,000 white and red LED lights and measures about 7 meters long, 8 meters wide and 10 meters tall.
Next to the glittering gift box is a 12-meter-tall Christmas fir decorated with lights in seven colors, including red and blue. Visitors can admire the festive lights every day from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. through March 14 for the gift box and through Jan. 5 for the tree.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
Illuminations Brighten Up Events, Buildings and Roadside Trees in Central Tokyo
Millennium-Old Traditional ‘Naked Festival’ to Be Held for Last Time Next February at Iwate Pref. Temple
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)