- SOCCER WORLD CUP
Japan bags ¥1.77 bil. for getting as far as knockout stage
15:27 JST, December 6, 2022
Japan will receive $13 million (about ¥1.77 billion) in prize money after losing to Croatia in the World Cup round of 16 on Monday.
The total prize pot for the 2022 soccer World Cup in Qatar is $440 million (about ¥60 billion).
Teams that make it as far as the quarterfinals will receive $17 million (about ¥ 2.3 billion) and the team that lifts the trophy will bag $42 million (about ¥5.7 billion).
"SPORTS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Hanshin Tigers Win Japan Series for First Time in 38 Years, Beating Orix Buffaloes in Game 7
Japanese Skater Yuzuru Hanyu Announces Divorce
Shohei Ohtani to Donate Gloves to 20,000 Elementary Schools
Sumo in Crisis as Dwindling Number of Wrestlers Forces Body to Knock Over Tradition
Shohei Ohtani, Baseball’s 2-Way Star, Becomes First 2-Time Unanimous MVP (UPDATE 1)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace