Japan Post to Release Set of Shohei Ohtani Stamps, Postcards
13:03 JST, October 3, 2023
Japan Post Co. will release a set of postage stamps and postcards to commemorate Shohei Ohtani becoming the first Japanese player to win a major league home run title, the company said Monday.
Only those who order the exclusive set will receive the stamps and postcards. Orders will be accepted from Friday to Jan. 5, 2024, at post offices nationwide, or until Jan. 10, 2024, on the company’s website.
The set includes five ¥84-stamps featuring photos of the Los Angeles Angels’ two-way star and 44 postcards, each featuring a home run he hit during the 2023 season.
One person can order up to three sets, each of which costs ¥7,260.
"SPORTS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japanese Skater Yuzuru Hanyu Announces Divorce
Sumo in Crisis as Dwindling Number of Wrestlers Forces Body to Knock Over Tradition
Shohei Ohtani, Baseball’s 2-Way Star, Becomes First 2-Time Unanimous MVP (UPDATE 1)
The Sumo Scene / Top-ranked Referee Shikimori Inosuke Also Earns Elite Status in Name
The Sumo Scene / Grand Sumo Tournament Wrestlers Find Power in Local Food; Powerful Wrestler Chiyonofuji Remembered
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’