- General News
Fire Near JR Kitasabae Station in Fukui Pref. Causes Suspension of Services; JR West Report Damage to Station Facilities
17:32 JST, February 12, 2024
One man suffered minor burns and was transported to the hospital due to a fire that broke out on Monday in Fukui Prefecture.
According to Sabae Police Station, the fire broke out around 11:05 a.m. at a two-story wooden former factory and residence in Sabae, near JR Kitasabae Station. It took approximately 2 hours and 50 minutes to extinguish the fire.
A fire broke out near JR Kitasabae Station in Fukui Prefecture — service on the Hokuriku Line has been suspended between Fukui and Tsuruga stations in both directions.
According to West Japan Railway Co., in addition to the Thunderbird and other express trains, services on the Hokuriku Line between Fukui and Tsuruga stations were suspended in both directions. Service resumed at 5:30 p.m.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Business Delegation, Chinese Premier Li Meet; Both Sides Tout Importance of Bilateral Economic Ties
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks