- General News
Heavy Snow Expected in Kinki and Chubu Regions Sunday, Snow and Rain in Kanto and Koshin Regions Expected Next Week
18:16 JST, February 3, 2024
Heavy snowfall is expected mainly in the central Kinki region while rain or snow is expected to fall over a wide area in the Kinki region from dawn to morning on Sunday, as a low-pressure system moves eastward in the southern part of Japan, according to the Japan Meteorological Agency. Rain or snow is also expected in the Kanto region from dawn to before noon on Sunday in Tokyo, Kanagawa and Chiba Prefectures.
The Japan Meteorological Agency is calling for caution in the Kinki region and other areas due to snow accumulation and frozen road surfaces, which may cause traffic problems.
In the Kanto and Koshin regions, snow and rain are expected to fall widely from Monday to Tuesday.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager