- General News
Heavy Snow Expected in Northern, Eastern Japan
11:20 JST, January 14, 2024
A low pressure system is anticipated to pass over northern Japan, developing from Sunday night to Monday. The cold front will likely strengthen over northern and eastern Japan from Monday through Tuesday, according to the Japan Meteorological Agency’s announcement on Sunday.
The Agency called for caution as traffic disruptions, violent winds and high waves are expected due to heavy snowstorms and snowdrifts.
In addition, heavy snow is anticipated in some areas of northern and eastern Japan from Monday through Tuesday due to the low pressure system and cold air.
Care should especially be taken around houses damaged by the Noto Peninsula Earthquake as they may collapse due to the weight of the snow.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Business Delegation, Chinese Premier Li Meet; Both Sides Tout Importance of Bilateral Economic Ties
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks