- General News
Doctor Yellow Shinkansen Shrine to be Displayed in Nagoya from Jan. 2 to Jan. 29
11:40 JST, December 31, 2023
The Doctor Yellow Shrine, with a yellow torii gate, will be displayed at SCMAGLEV and Railway Park in Nagoya from Jan. 2 to Jan. 29.
The shrine will be at the exhibition hall for Central Japan Railway Co.’s Doctor Yellow shinkansen test train.
Doctor Yellow, with its distinctive yellow body, makes a round trip between Tokyo and Hakata stations about once every 10 days to check for distortions in railway tracks and other things.
Because the dates and times of its operation are not announced, it is exceptionally rare to see Doctor Yellow, which makes it popular among railroad fans who believe seeing it brings them good luck.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager
- M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected