- General News
Car Discovered at Site of Landslide in Nara Prefecture
20:39 JST, December 26, 2023
NARA — Rescue workers on Tuesday uncovered a car at the site of a landslide that buried part of a national highway in Shimokitayama, Nara Prefecture, on Saturday.
The rescue workers have been working to remove the sediment covering the road.
Meanwhile, a man in his 70s from Wakayama Prefecture was reported missing and it was suspected that he may have been caught in the landslide.
According to local authorities, the number on the license plate of the car discovered at the site matches that of a car believed to have been driven by the man.
The local authorities said they are working to confirm whether there is someone inside the car.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
Earthquake Measuring Magnitude 4.3 Hits Kyoto Prefecture; No Tsunami Expected (Update 1)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Pressure Mounting for Wage Increases in Shunto Negotiations; Fears about the Response of Struggling SMEs
- Current Account Surplus Doubles in ’23