- General News
Multiple Cars Might Be Involved in Nara Pref. Landslide; 1 Man Rescued from Car
12:44 JST, December 24, 2023
NARA — Multiple vehicles might have been involved in a landslide that occurred on Saturday night on a national highway in Shimokitayama, Nara Prefecture, according to police.
Police found a car buried in the dirt that covered the road. Early on Sunday morning, they pulled a man in his 50s from the car. Police are checking the scene to see if more vehicles were involved in the landslide.
The landslide occurred in a mountainous area close to the border near Mie and Wakayama prefectures.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager