- General News
Heavy Snow Warning Issued in Japan’s Ishikawa, Toyama, Fukui Prefs on Friday; Snow Accumulates in Hokuriku Region
13:36 JST, December 22, 2023
Kanazawa District Meteorological Observatory issued a weather warnnig for heavy snow Friday morning in Ishikawa Prefecture.
There was 26 centimeters of snowfall in Wajima and 25 centimeters in the Togitakata district of Shika town in from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m. Friday morning. Heavy snowfall is expected to continue until Friday evening, increasing the risk of major traffic disruptions in the flatlands of the Noto Peninsula.
In both Toyama and Fukui prefectures, weather warnings for heavy snow were also issued early Friday.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager
- M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected