- GENERAL NEWS
Piyorin Cheers for Shogi Day! Limited-Time Sale at JR Nagoya Station
20:54 JST, November 11, 2023
NAGOYA — Piyorin, the popular chick-shaped pudding, cheers for Shogi! In celebration of Shogi Day, on November 17th, a special sweet called “Piyorin on Shogi Day” has been released. The dessert features chocolates shaped like shogi pieces.
Piyorin has ties with shogi, as professional shogi player Sota Fujii chose Piyorin Ice as a snack during a game. This new product wraps a pudding made with Nagoya Cochin eggs in a Bavarian cream flavored with chai, a spice-infused milk tea.
The price is 550 yen per piece (tax included), and it will be sold until the 17th at Piyorin Station Café Gentiane in JR Nagoya Station Central Concourse and other locations (limited to two pieces per person).
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace