- GENERAL NEWS
Singer Sachiko Kobayashi Raises a Glass to Celebrate This Year’s Yamanashi Nouveau
21:25 JST, November 4, 2023
KATSUNUMA, Yamanashi — This year’s Yamanashi Nouveau wine was unveiled at the Katsunuma Shin-shu Wine Matsuri (Katsunuma new sake wine festival) in Koshu, Yamanashi Prefecture, on Friday.
The festival, which was held for the first time since the pandemic, took place at Katsunuma Budou-no-oka, a local tourist facility in the city.
Sachiko Kobayashi, a singer and tourism ambassador for Koshu, attended the festival along with many wine enthusiasts.
The festival showcased 39 new red and white wine varieties, some of which were made from grapes harvested this year, from 16 companies. In addition, guests had the opportunity to taste original wines crafted from grapes harvested from Kobayashi’s own vineyard in Koshu.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)