- GENERAL NEWS
Bear Knocked Out by Tranquilizer Dart 30 Hours After Entering Barn in Northern Japan
21:03 JST, October 30, 2023
A bear that entered a barn at a residence was captured after being hit with a tranquilizer dart in Oshu, Iwate Prefecture, on Monday.
A resident of the house told the city government that the bear entered the barn around 9 a.m. on Sunday. City officials and local hunting club members tried to drive the bear away with firecrackers, but the bear did not leave, so they closed the shutters and sealed off the barn that evening.
The hunters attempted to capture the bear from around 9:30 a.m. on Monday, but the work was difficult as the bear was excited and acting violently in the barn. Around 2:20 p.m., or about 30 hours after the initial report, the bear was tranquilized by a veterinarian from a zoo in Morioka in the prefecture, and the animal was finally captured.
No one was injured in the incident.
According to the city and local police, the captured bear was an adult female about 1.5 meters long.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)