- GENERAL NEWS
Actress Ai Tominaga Becomes First Woman to Play Role of Takeda Shingen in Festival
20:55 JST, October 28, 2023
Model and actress Ai Tominaga became the first woman to play the role of Takeda Shingen in the Shingen-ko Festival, in Kofu on Saturday.
Tominaga led a parade of more than 1,000 “warriors” to commemorate the famous warlord.
The festival’s main event was a reenactment of a confrontation that took place at Kawanakajima, featuring armor-clad fighters. Wearing yoroi Japanese armor and a red battle coat, Tominaga shouted, “Let’s go into battle!”
Tominaga later rode her horse down the main street in front of Kofu Station.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible