- GENERAL NEWS
Cockroach, Slug Found in School Lunches in Kumamoto Pref.
13:18 JST, September 23, 2023
KUMAMOTO — A cockroach and slug were found in school lunches served this month at an elementary school in Yamaga, Kumamoto Prefecture, the city’s board of education said Friday.
The pests were found at the city-run Kamoto Elementary School, according to the board’s announcement. A 1-centimter-long cockroach was found on Sept. 1 and a 1.5-centimeter-long slug was found on Sept. 15. Both were found in boiled barley rice. The rice was also provided to other schools, but there have been no reports of any other locations finding them.
No children have complained of illness as of Thursday. The city’s food service center that prepares school lunches is deteriorating, so the board announced that meals prepared at other facilities will be provided to schools starting next week.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)