- GENERAL NEWS
Van Driven by 75-year-old Kills 2, Injures 1 at Senior Care Facility
11:33 JST, September 14, 2023
SAITAMA — A van driven by a 75-year-old ran over three people in the parking lot of a senior day care center in Minuma Ward, Saitama, on Wednesday, killing two people in their 80s and injuring a staff member.
The Saitama prefectural police arrested Tatsuro Kuboshima, who works for the center, for negligent driving resulting in injury and will investigate charging him with negligent driving resulting in death and injury as well. The van may have struck the victims as they were waiting to be picked up by Kuboshima.
The dead were Toshio Iizumi, 89, and Takuko Seki, 88, both from Minuma. The employee, 43, was injured on his leg.
The van drove onto a ramp in the parking lot and crashed into the center’s wall. Iizumi and Seki were under the van when the staff found them and placed an emergency call.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)