- GENERAL NEWS
Guinness Deletes Johnny Kitagawa from Website; Higashiyama Calls Decision ‘Wise’
20:33 JST, September 7, 2023
Guinness World Records said Wednesday it had removed Johnny Kitagawa’s achievements from its official website, due to the allegations of sexual abuse against the late founder of the Johnny & Associates Inc. talent agency.
In 2011, Guinness recognized Kitagawa for having produced 232 No. 1 songs between 1974 and 2010.
“After hearing reports of the recent investigation made against the late Johnny Kitagawa, we have taken the decision to remove from our website the records he held as it does not feel appropriate to leave them published,” Guinness said in explaining the deletion.
At a press conference held by Johnny & Associates Inc. on Thursday, new agency President Noriyuki Higashiyama said he agreed with the move to delete Kitagawa’s records. “It’s a wise decision,” Higashiyama said.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace