- GENERAL NEWS
Japan Architect Shigeru Ban, Mayor of Lviv in Ukraine Discuss Hospital Project
20:22 JST, September 5, 2023
Shigeru Ban, the internationally renowned Japanese architect, and Lviv Mayor Andriy Sadovyy emphasized Tuesday the importance of the hospital expansion they are collaborating on for the western Ukrainian city.
Lviv is near the border with Poland and hosts 150,000 refugees fleeing other parts of Ukraine. Its municipal hospital has received 50,000 injured civilians and soldiers, according to Sadovyy.
Not only Lviv but also Ukraine needs “the building immediately,” Sadovyy said during a press conference with Ban at the Foreign Correspondent’s Club of Japan in Tokyo. “Our hospital today is full.”
It will be “the heart for our hospital,” the mayor said.
Ban’s design for the hospital will use cross-laminated timber.
“It is our responsibility as architects to really improve the living conditions,” he said.
Ban said he is positive the project will secure financial support from Japanese organizations.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible