- GENERAL NEWS
High Temperatures Observed in Tokai, Kinki Regions
16:45 JST, August 12, 2023
The Tokai and Kinki regions felt the heat on Saturday.
By 2 p.m., Gujo in Gifu Prefecture had recorded a sweltering 39.1 C, while the mercury in Kyotanabe, Kyoto Prefecture, and Nakagyo Ward, Kyoto City had hit 38.8 C. The temperature in Nishiwaki, Hyogo Prefecture, rose to 38.5 C.
As of 1 p.m., temperatures had topped 35 C in 74 locations nationwide and 30 C in 626 locations.
The temperature in central Tokyo stood at 35.5 C around 2:30 p.m.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)