- General News
Prince Harry Attends Sports Promotion Event in Tokyo
13:53 JST, August 10, 2023
Britain’s Prince Harry attended an event held by a sports promotion group in Tokyo on Wednesday.
It was his first visit to Japan in four years, since he came in 2019 to watch Rugby World Cup matches. His visit this week was also his first to the country since his retirement from official duties in March 2020.
At Wednesday’s event, he participated in a panel discussion on the power of sports and philanthropy and said sports can connect people and enrich their lives. He also referred to the sporting event for injured servicemen and veterans that he founded, saying it can heal them both physically and psychologically.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
Earthquake Measuring Magnitude 4.3 Hits Kyoto Prefecture; No Tsunami Expected (Update 1)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager