- GENERAL NEWS
Sendai’s Famous Tanabata Festival Returns in Full
14:13 JST, August 7, 2023
SENDAI — The Sendai Tanabata Festival, one of the most famous summer festivals in the Tohoku region, resumed in full on Sunday for the first time in four years.
About 3,000 hanging decorations adorned the streets in Sendai for the festival, which in the last three years had been canceled or scaled down because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Large hanging decorations, which had to be shortened until last year, are also back to their usual length, allowing people to touch the lowest part. The festival attracted many visitors who were seen taking selfies with colorful paper strips and streamers.
The festival will be held until Tuesday.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible