- GENERAL NEWS
5 Years since Disappearance of French Woman in Nikko
12:13 JST, July 29, 2023
Saturday marked five years since a French woman went missing while sightseeing in Nikko, Tochigi Prefecture, in 2018. The prefectural police distributed fliers at train stations and other locations in the city, appealing to citizens and tourists to provide information.
According to the police, Tiphaine Veron, then 36, went missing on the morning of July 29, 2018, after leaving her accommodation in the city.
This year, the U.N. Committee on Enforced Disappearances requested the Japanese government provide information on the investigation into Veron’s disappearance, to which the Foreign Affairs Ministry responded that the police were continuing the search.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)