- GENERAL NEWS
Kabuki Actor Ichikawa Ennosuke’s Parents Died from Drug Overdose
19:40 JST, May 19, 2023
Kabuki actor Ichikawa Ennosuke’s parents were found to have died of a psychotropic drug overdose, the Metropolitan Police Department said Friday.
Ennosuke, 47, was found in a dazed state at his home in Meguro Ward, Tokyo, on Thursday, while his mother, 75, and father, Kabuki actor Ichikawa Danshiro IV, 76, were found lying in the living room on the second floor. Both were confirmed dead. A police autopsy confirmed the cause of death.
Ennosuke was transported to the hospital in a dazed state, and was discharged on Friday. Police are planning to question him after he recovers.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
Earthquake hits Aomori, Iwate on Monday Morning; Seismic Intensity 4 in Aomori City
The Former Vocalist for Thee Michelle Gun Elephant Yusuke Chiba Died at the Age of 55(UPDATE 1)
Work to Refurbish JR Shibuya Station in Tokyo Begins
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Haneda Airport to Showcase Japan’s Master Craftsmanship to World with Luxury Store
- Japan Sees 2.52 Mil. Visitors in October, Exceeding Pre-COVID Levels
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)