- GENERAL NEWS
Riverbank Collapses in Hyogo Pref., Flooding Dozens of Homes
11:28 JST, May 8, 2023
Banks about 30 meters wide on the Tenjin River in Itami, Hyogo Prefecture, collapsed due to heavy rain early Monday morning, flooding dozens of houses in the area.
The burst occurred at around 0:50 a.m. There has been no report of injuries.
The Itami city government issued an evacuation alert for 2,088 people in 828 households in the city’s Aramaki district at 1:55 a.m., and lifted it about three hours later.
According to sources, the levee at the site was undergoing improvement work and the concrete revetment was being removed.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)