- GENERAL NEWS
Salmon Sushi, Local Wine Served at G7 Foreign Ministers Working Dinner
12:45 JST, April 17, 2023
KARUIZAWA, Nagano Prefecture — Sushi using salmon from the region was among the Nagano Prefecture delicacies served at a working dinner of the Group of Seven foreign ministers on Sunday in Karuizawa, Nagano Prefecture.
The dinner began with an appetizer of tofu, with sesame seeds, strawberries and Kyoho grapes, all locally grown, followed by the main course of Shinshu salmon sushi and other items. It was washed down with local wine and sake.
The G7 ministers’ meeting will continue through Tuesday.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible