- GENERAL NEWS
Conveyor-Belt Hama-Sushi Restaurant Served Foods with Expired Use-By Date
17:44 JST, April 8, 2023
Major conveyor-belt sushi chain Hama-Sushi Co. on Friday announced that its Koriyama Tsutsumi branch in Koriyama, Fukushima Prefecture, had been serving customers food past the use-by date.
Use-by dates are set under the company’s in-house rules, and labels displaying the date were replaced, according to the company.
The situation came to light after a whistleblower reported to the chain’s parent company Zensho Holdings Co. in February and subsequent interviews were conducted with the employees.
“We sincerely regret this and will implement measures to improve the situation,” Hama-Sushi said in a statement.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing