- GENERAL NEWS
Police Identify Boy Found Dead in Edogawa River
17:44 JST, March 31, 2023
A young boy was found in a state of cardiopulmonary arrest in the Edogawa River in Edogawa Ward, Tokyo, at about 9 a.m. on Friday.
The Chiba Prefectural Police later announced that the boy had been identified as Saku Yoshida, 3, of Ichikawa, Chiba Prefecture, who had been missing since Thursday evening. The boy was confirmed dead.
Yoshida had been visiting Sakura Tsutsumi Park in Ichikawa with three adults including his mother and five other children on Thursday. Yoshida’s mother reported him missing at about 4 p.m. the same day.
About 100 officials from the prefectural police searched the area around the park and the Edogawa River on the day. A large-scale search was conducted Friday in cooperation with the Tokyo Fire Department and other organizations.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace