- GENERAL NEWS
Online Passport Renewal Applications Start in Japan
11:00 JST, March 28, 2023
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Japan’s revised passport law took effect Monday, making online applications for passport renewal possible without visits to relevant administrative offices.
The move, part of the digitalization of administrative services, is designed to improve convenience for applicants and rationalize passport-related clerical work.
Eligible for the online application are people whose passport validity period is less than a year and those whose passports have three or fewer blank pages for the visa area. The My Number personal identification card and registration with a related website, Mynaportal, are necessary for the online passport renewal procedures.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace