- GENERAL NEWS
Ousted WHO Official Takeshi Kasai Has Background in Emergency Medicine
16:28 JST, March 9, 2023
Ousted World Health Organization official Takeshi Kasai is a doctor with a background in emergency medicine and an expert in infectious diseases and health crisis management.
Kasai has been dismissed from his post as director of the WHO’s Western Pacific Regional Office over allegedly racist behavior, He joined the WHO after working at the then Health and Welfare Ministry.
He released a statement after allegations about racist and abusive misconduct emerged, saying that he never targeted employees of a particular nationality, although he acknowledged being hard on staff. Kasai also denied the accusation that he leaked confidential information.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible