- GENERAL NEWS
Warm Temperatures Recorded in Kanto Region
18:10 JST, February 12, 2023
The Kanto region enjoyed unseasonably warm weather on Sunday because of a high-pressure system covering the area.
According to the Japan Meteorological Agency, by 2 p.m. on Sunday, the temperature in Saitama City soared to a high of 17.2 C. It hit 16.8 C in central Tokyo, and reached 16.5 C in Yokohama. All are typical temperatures for early April.
In Chiba Prefecture, the mercury climbed to 18.1 C in Kamogawa and Yokoshibahikari, matching temperatures usually seen in mid-April.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)