- GENERAL NEWS
Train enthusiast U.S. Ambassador Emanuel hops on local rail near Tokyo
13:45 JST, December 18, 2022
CHIBA — U.S. Ambassador to Japan and railway enthusiast Rahm Emanuel enjoyed a train ride in Chiba Prefecture, accompanied by Chief Cabinet Secretary Hirokazu Matsuno.
Aware of the ambassador’s fondness for trains, Matsuno invited Emanuel to his Chiba constituency of Ichihara on Saturday to ride the local Kominato Railway line, which runs through the Boso Peninsula in the prefecture.
Matsuno, who regularly meets with Emanuel, suggested the visit. After going to see a steam locomotive that was in operation during the early days of the railway company, they took a 35-minute ride from Goi Station to Kazusa Tsurumai Station.
During the ride, they also enjoyed the beautiful country scenery.
Once the journey was over, Emanuel told reporters that he’d had a wonderful time.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)