- GENERAL NEWS
Police question man with homemade gunpowder in front of U.S. Embassy
12:07 JST, August 10, 2022
A man in front of the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo on Monday was found carrying what appeared to be a homemade incendiary substance. The Metropolitan Police Department is investigating the man on suspicion of violating the Explosives Control Law.
Police officers questioned the man in a voluntary interview and quoted him as saying, “I learned how to make gunpowder online and came to throw it at the embassy.”
According to investigative sources, the man described himself as a college student in his 20s living in Osaka Prefecture.
Riot police checked his belongings on the street in front of the embassy at around 9 p.m. on Monday and found a cup wrapped in a cloth in his pocket. A simple substances test showed that a granular substance inside the cup could be gunpowder.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible