- GENERAL NEWS
Apparent Japanese body found on Sakhalin
17:33 JST, June 29, 2022
SAPPORO (Jiji Press) — The body of an apparent Japanese person was found in the southern part of the Russian island of Sakhalin on Tuesday, following a deadly tour boat accident in April, Japanese coast guard officials said.
The discovery of the body was reported from the Russian side through a diplomatic route, according to the Japan Coast Guard’s first regional headquarters in Otaru, Hokkaido.
The regional headquarters is working to confirm whether the body is that of a missing person who was aboard the Kazu I tour boat that sank off the Shiretoko Peninsula in Hokkaido on April 23.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)