- GENERAL NEWS
Energy saving advisory for TEPCO service area extended to Tuesday
18:12 JST, June 27, 2022
The advisory to save power to avert a power crunch in areas served by Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings, Inc. has been extended through Tuesday, the central government announced Monday afternoon.
As had been expected, TEPCO’s reserve margin of capacity in its power supply system fell below 5% on Monday.
The government issues such an advisory a day in advance when the reserve margin is expected to fall below that threshold. On Sunday, the advisory was issued for the first time since a new alert system was introduced in May.
The advisory called on the public to save energy, particularly from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., on Monday.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible