‘Hydrangea Train’ offers illuminated flowery view of Hakone
14:22 JST, June 18, 2022
Bathed in light, hydrangeas created a floral view on Friday evening outside the windows of a train that runs through Hakone, Kanagawa Prefecture.
The Hakone Tozan Railway Co. invited the media to a dress rehearsal run of its nighttime illumination of hydrangeas that decorate the areas near the tracks. About 10,000 hydrangeas populate stretches along the 8.9 kilometers between Hakone-Yumoto and Gora stations.
The illumination of the hydrangeas was to start Saturday evening and is set to end on July 3.
Nicknamed the “Hydrangea Train” this time of year, it is popular among passengers who need only to gaze from the windows to enjoy the flowery nighttime view.
The 400-meter difference in elevation between the stations also offers riders the chance to observe the ever-changing flowers from various viewpoints.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs
- Ajiichi Hojo / Modern flavors in a history-steeped building
- Japan-sponsored bridge opens in South Sudan, raising hopes for peace and development
- Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
- Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last