- GENERAL NEWS
Porsche slams into kindergarten fence in Sendai
13:16 JST, June 15, 2022
SENDAI — A Porsche slammed into a kindergarten fence in Sendai on Tuesday afternoon, police said, but none of the children inside were hurt.
Police received an emergency call about the accident at 4:35 p.m. According to the police and the kindergarten, the vehicle damaged the fence in front of the gate through which children enter and leave the facility.
There were 52 children in the kindergarten at the time, but none were hurt. The driver, a woman in her 40s, was taken to the hospital but did not have life-threatening injuries.
She reportedly told police that she mistakenly pressed on the accelerator as she was leaving a parking lot.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible