Earthquake hits Kanto region
16:11 JST, May 29, 2022
A moderately strong earthquake struck the Kanto region on Sunday, registering 4 on the Japanese seismic intensity scale of 7 in Ibaraki Prefecture, the Japan Meteorological Agency said.
The quake with an estimated magnitude of 5.4 occurred around 3.55 p.m. off Ibaraki Prefecture.
There was no tsunami warning issued as a result of the quake.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs
- Ajiichi Hojo / Modern flavors in a history-steeped building
- Japan-sponsored bridge opens in South Sudan, raising hopes for peace and development
- Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
- Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last