- GENERAL NEWS
Prayers offered for victims of Japan sightseeing boat accident
15:56 JST, April 30, 2022
SHARI, Hokkaido — People offered prayers Saturday in Shari, Hokkaido, for victims of a boat accident that occurred off the Shiretoko Peninsula on April 23.
A woman in her 60s from nearby Kitami said, “I hope the missing people will be found soon.”
Hokkaido Gov. Naomichi Suzuki was among people who have left flowers at a tribute stand, which the Shari town government set at the morgue in Shari on Monday.
Seiichi Katsurada, president of the vessel’s operator, Shiretoko Pleasure Boat, visited the stand on Friday evening. Katsurada got down onto his knees and held his hands together in prayer.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)