Cosmos Festival in Gunma heralds arrival of autumn
15:57 JST, September 28, 2021
TAKASAKI, Gunma — Lovely pink and yellow flowers are in full bloom at the Cosmos Festival, which heralds the arrival of autumn. The festival started on Sept. 11 at Hanadaka Tenbo Hana-no-oka in Takasaki, Gunma Prefecture, and is scheduled to continue through Oct. 10.
The early-blooming cosmos are currently blossoming, and as the season progresses, a total of 400,000 cosmos consisting of four varieties will bloom, according to a nonprofit organization that manages the flower garden. The garden also features a maze made of golden cosmos.
“We want to create a place that is safe and soothing while taking precautions against the spread of the coronavirus,” said the head of the organization.
Sage and marigolds are also in bloom in the garden. Admission is free and is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Finland confirm unity in dealing with Russia
- Mangaka Fujiko Fujio A dies at 88
- China’s aircraft carrier drills near Japan aimed at around-the-clock attack capability
- As wheat prices soar, Japanese food industry pushes rice flour as alternative
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs