- GENERAL NEWS
Folk Village Illuminated in Gifu Prefecture
12:59 JST, January 12, 2021
Houses with steep thatched roofs in the gassho-zukuri style are lit up at the Hida Folk Village in Takayama, Gifu Prefecture.
The village is a tourist facility filled with this type of historical architecture built in the Hida region. Among its attractions is a residence known as Wakayama’s House, which has been designated an important cultural asset by the government.
Snow-capped houses and frozen ponds were illuminated in blue, red, yellow, green and white by 70 lights of various sizes set up along the walking paths on Monday, when the event kicked off.
In previous years, the village was illuminated every night during light-up events. This year, however, it is being illuminated only on Friday through Sunday because of the surge of the novel coronavirus.
The event will take place from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on those days of the week through Feb. 28.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)