Japan Election: LDP Candidate Shirasaka Wins A Seat in Oita
0:21 JST, April 24, 2023
Aki Shirasaka of Liberal Democratic Party won the by-election for Oita Constituency in the House of Councillors held on Sunday.
The 56-year-old took the seat previously held by Kiyoshi Adachi, who resingned to run for Oita governor.
LDP has secured 4 Diet by-elections out of 5.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)