Japan Election: Kishi Set to Win Father’s Seat in Yamaguchi
21:00 JST, April 23, 2023
Nobuchiyo Kishi is set to win the House of Representatives by-election in Yamaguchi Constituency No. 2 on Sunday.
The 31-year-old is certain to take the seat previously held by his father, former Defense Minister Nobuo Kishi, who resigned as a lower house member for health reasons. Nobuo Kishi is the younger brother of former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who was fatally shot last year.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
‘Unexpected’ South Korea Court Decision in Favor of ‘Comfort Women’ Puts Damper on Improving Ties with Japan
Religious Group Soka Gakkai Has Strong Influence in Japan’s Political Landscape; Group Carries Significant Voter Influence
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains