PM Kishida prays with LDP officials for former PM Abe
23:25 JST, July 10, 2022
Prime Minister Fumio Kishida and other Liberal Democratic Party officials offered prayers at LDP headquarters in Tokyo on Sunday for former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who was fatally shot on Friday.
Kishida, who is also the president of the LDP, entered the headquarters at about 9:45 p.m.
After the prayers, Kishida put flower decorations beside the names of candidates who were set to secure seats, but his expression remained somber.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Fake Video of Japan Prime Minister Kishida Triggers Fears of AI Being Used to Spread Misinformation
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High