Japan likely to hold upper house election on July 10
17:26 JST, March 14, 2022
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — The official campaign period for this year’s election for the House of Councillors is expected to start on June 22, ruling party executive Toshimitsu Motegi said Sunday.
If the campaign period begins on June 22, voting is likely to take place on July 10.
“The June 22 start of the campaign period is 100 days away,” Motegi, secretary general of the Liberal Democratic Party, said at an annual party convention.
“This year’s convention is a rally to win the coming upper house election and have a stable government,” Motegi said.
Government and ruling coalition officials have no plans to extend the current parliamentary session, set to end on June 15.
"POLITICS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan, U.S., S. Korea to Start Real-Time Missile Info Sharing
Taiwan’s Semiconductor Giants Build Overseas Amid Global Demand, Local Labor Shortage
Govt Issues Emergency Warning Following N. Korea’s Missile Launch (Update 1)
Japan Provides Ukraine with Landmine Detectors, Vehicles
Xi Sends Condolence Letter to Kishida on Death of Soka Gakkai’s Daisaku Ikeda
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)