China Firmly Opposes, Condemns Release of Fukushima Water into the Pacific Ocean
13:41 JST, August 24, 2023
BEIJING, Aug 24 (Reuters) – China said it strongly opposes and condemns Japan’s decision to start releasing treated radioactive water from the Fukushima nuclear plant into the Pacific Ocean, the Chinese foreign ministry said on Thursday.
China said the disposal of contaminated water is a major nuclear safety issue with cross-border implications, and is by no means a private matter for Japan alone, according to a statement.
"NEWS SERVICES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japanese Actor-Director Kitano Says His New Film Explores Homosexual Relations in the Samurai World
Japan’s Nikkei Up Sharply as Chip-Related Stocks Rally (Update 1)
Japan’s Nikkei Muted; Set to Post First Weekly Drop in Five as Tech Stocks Drag
Israel Searches for Traces of Hamas in Raid of Key Gaza Hospital Packed with Patients
Japan’s Nikkei Suffers Worst Week Since September on Hawkish BOJ Bets
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Haneda Airport to Showcase Japan’s Master Craftsmanship to World with Luxury Store
- Japan Sees 2.52 Mil. Visitors in October, Exceeding Pre-COVID Levels
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)