1 dead, several wounded after gunshots fired in central Paris – BFM TV
21:01 JST, December 23, 2022
PARIS (Reuters) – At least one person was killed and several people were wounded after gunshots were fired in the vicinity of a Kurdish cultural center in Paris on Friday, French television network BFM TV reported.
A senior Paris City Hall official confirmed a shooting had taken place.
“A gun attack has taken place. Thank you to the security forces for their swift action,” tweeted deputy Mayor Emmanuel Gregoire. “Thoughts for the victims and those who witnessed this drama.”
Paris police said they were dealing with an incident on the Rue d’Enghien and urged the public to stay away from the area.
BFM TV said the suspected gunman was in their 60s and had been arrested. The alleged shooter’s motives were not immediately clear.
One witness told French news agency AFP that seven or eight shots had been fired, sowing mayhem in the street.
"NEWS SERVICES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japanese Actor-Director Kitano Says His New Film Explores Homosexual Relations in the Samurai World
Japan’s Nintendo Profits Jump as Its Game Sales Get a Boost from the Hit Super Mario Movie
Japan’s Nikkei Pares Early Gains as Investors Lock in Profits
Israel Searches for Traces of Hamas in Raid of Key Gaza Hospital Packed with Patients
Japan’s Nikkei Inches Down as Automakers Skid on Yen Strength
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace