Shark Attack Kills Hawaii Man
12:23 JST, January 1, 2024
A 39-year-old Hawaii man has died of his injuries after he was attacked by a shark in the waters off Maui, local police said.
Jason Carter, described by local media as a surfer, was attacked on Saturday morning, the Maui Police Department said in a statement.
When police arrived, he was being rushed to shore via jet ski by safety officers.
“Once onshore, life-saving measures were performed” until he could be transported to hospital, the police statement said.
But Carter “later succumbed to his injuries and died,” it continued.
Authorities later closed the beach and put up shark warning signs.
Hawaii News Now reported that water conditions were “mixed” at the time due to high surf conditions, and said that it was the first fatal shark attack in Hawaiian waters this year.
"News Services" POPULAR ARTICLE
At Japan Airlines, Bankruptcy Helped Lay Groundwork for First Female Boss
Taylor Swift Launches Legal Broadside at a College Student Who Tracks Private Jets Via Public Data
Unofficial Indonesia Election Vote Count Points to First Round Prabowo Win
North Korea Scraps All Economic Cooperation with South Korea
Special Counsel: Biden ‘Willfully’ Disclosed Classified Materials, But No Criminal Charges Warranted
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager