- Travel Spots
200 People Gather to Clean a Massive Reclining Buddha Statue in Fukuoka Pref.
13:39 JST, December 27, 2023
The 41-meter-long reclining Buddha is cleaned Tuesday with long bamboo brushes at Nanzoin temple in the town of Sasaguri, Fukuoka Prefecture, before New Year’s. Using the 8-meter-long brushes, about 200 priests and worshippers first brushed away dust from the 11-meter-tall Buddha, one of the world’s largest bronze statues, and then gently its wiped body with washcloths.
"Features" POPULAR ARTICLE
Fukuoka Castle to Come to Life Lit Up in 7 Different Colors
Shibuya Cafe Continues to Offer Experience of Listening to Masterpieces; Near 100-Year-old Cafe Maintains Traditional Atmosphere of Years Gone By
Kawazu-zakura Cherry Blossom Trees Adorn Riverbanks in Shizuoka Town; Blossoms Bloomed 5 Days Earlier than Last Year in Japan
Tokushima: Japanese Glass Eel Fishing Season Reaches Peak; Lights of Fishing Boats Create a Stunning View
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- Pressure Mounting for Wage Increases in Shunto Negotiations; Fears about the Response of Struggling SMEs