- Travel Spots
Lemurs Sit Shoulder to Shoulder for Warmth at Kobe Zoo
11:32 JST, December 24, 2023
KOBE — As the weather gets colder, visitors at a zoo in Kobe enjoy the sight of ring-tailed lemurs sitting shoulder to shoulder to keep warm in front of electric heaters.
The “Kobe Animal Kingdom” zoo turns on heaters for ring-tailed lemurs when temperatures drop below 15 C because the animals, native to Madagascar in Africa, hate the cold.
"Features" POPULAR ARTICLE
Fukuoka Castle to Come to Life Lit Up in 7 Different Colors
Shibuya Cafe Continues to Offer Experience of Listening to Masterpieces; Near 100-Year-old Cafe Maintains Traditional Atmosphere of Years Gone By
Saga: Ryokan Japanese Inns with Hot Springs Offering Office Spaces to Remote Workers; Increasing Productivity
Kawazu-zakura Cherry Blossom Trees Adorn Riverbanks in Shizuoka Town; Blossoms Bloomed 5 Days Earlier than Last Year in Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Pressure Mounting for Wage Increases in Shunto Negotiations; Fears about the Response of Struggling SMEs
- Current Account Surplus Doubles in ’23