- TRAVEL SPOTS
Winter Version of Hatsune Miku Featured on Sapporo Tram; Design Features Culinary Treats From Northernmost Prefecture
13:45 JST, November 19, 2023
SAPPORO — “Snow Miku,” the winter version of the virtual idol Hatsune Miku from Sapporo, is being featured on a special tram in the city.
The tram began running on Saturday and will operate up to 15 times a day through March 24 in the central part of Sapporo. Members of the press were given a sneak preview on Friday.
Snow Miku trams started in fiscal 2010, and this year marks the 13th edition. This season’s particular theme is a “feast,” inspired by Hokkaido winters, and the tram’s design includes local specialties such as ramen, jingisukan grilled sheep meat and zangi fried chicken, along with the Hatsune Miku character.
Past Snow Miku trains are featured inside the tram, and voice guidance is provided by Saki Fujita, the voice actress for Hatsune Miku.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
Korea Craze in Japan Unlikely to End Anytime Soon; Shin-Okubo is a Hub of Korean Pop Culture, Food
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
Illuminations Brighten Up Events, Buildings and Roadside Trees in Central Tokyo
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace